Below are some of the most common questions we get asked at Beech Farm. But please don't hesitate to get in touch to ask us anything we haven't covered - we're genuinely happy to help in any way we can.
Tel: 01751 476612 or 07850 441986
Please note that some information on this page is temporarily superseded by operational procedural changes made as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Please refer to the specific page detailing what these changes are.
- What is your cancellation policy? Historically, we adopted the industry-standard approach of recommending guests take out adequate travel insurance to cover themselves in the event of cancellation. However, from painful experience for all during the coronavirus pandemic, very few guests had adequate insurance cover. So, Beech Farm took out an additional policy which means all bookings made from 14 April 2020 onwards for stays starting from 1 August 2020 onwards are covered for cancellation. You can cancel at any time from 2-60 days before your stay and receive a full refund for all money paid. If you cancel more than 60 days or less than 2 days before your stay, you will not receive a refund, nor will we be able to transfer your booking unfortunately. Similarly, we cannot retrospectively add this to bookings made before 14 April 2020 I'm afraid. Please get in touch if you have any specific questions on this policy.
- Can I bring my dog to Beech Farm? After much deliberation, we have decided not to allow dogs inside the cottages. We know how important dogs are to their owners so we are working on a possible solution where dogs could stay with one of our neighbours and enjoy day trips etc. Until that is confirmed, I'm afraid that the answer is no.
- But my dog is very small and extremely well-behaved...? Sorry, no exceptions on this.
- Is there car parking on site? Yes, we have ample car parking on site. Some cottages (Farmhouse, Fat Hen, Dove Tree) have dedicated parking spaces outside them. For all the others, you can can park right outside your front door to load and unload, and then move the car to the shared parking area to keep the main thoroughfare car-free.
- Is there a pub nearby? Our local, The Buck Inn, is just 50m away, is child-friendly and serves food in the evening. There are further excellent options within a couple of miles in all directions.
- Do you have bike storage? Yes, we have an undercover bike parking area and for extremely valuable bikes, we are happy to store them inside our locked stable (and give you access to that stable for your stay).
- Can I get an internet supermarket delivery for when we arrive? Yes, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Waitrose and Asda all deliver to Beech Farm. Please don't arrange the delivery until after 1pm on your arrival day and we will take in your delivery for you if required (please just let us know so we can keep an eye out etc).
- When can we use the pool? The swimming pool is available to use for all guests between 9am and 9pm seven days a week.
- What is included in the prices (what is not provided)? We provide all linen (high thread count Egyptian cotton), towels for the cottage (you may wish to bring extra for the pool), wifi, heating, handwash, and all cleaning products including tea towels and toilet rolls. We ensure that there is some tea, coffee, milk (and a homemade sweet treat) in the cottage when you arrive so you don't have to go without while you get sorted. There is also salt and pepper but you will need to bring all of your other food yourselves. We do have a small honesty shop on site for an emergency meal or in case you have forgotten something.
- What time can we arrive/do we have to leave? Check-in is from 3pm and check-out is 10am. We try to be flexible wherever possible but if we have other guests in your cottage before/after you, I'm afraid we have to kindly ask you to respect these times so we can prepare the cottages accordingly.