Below are some of the most common questions we get asked at Beech Farm. But please don't hesitate to get in touch to ask us anything we haven't covered - we're genuinely happy to help in any way we can.
Tel: 01751 476612 or 07850 441986
- What is your cancellation policy? Please refer to our booking terms and conditions page.
- Can I bring my pet to Beech Farm? After much deliberation, we have decided not to allow pets at Beech Farm. The only exception to this will be registered assistance dogs for all disabilities (which must be discussed with us in advance of booking).
- But my dog is very small and extremely well-behaved...? Sorry, no exceptions on this - our insurance is invalid if we permit pets on site.
- We are a large group - can we book multiple cottages? We welcome groups of up to 16 people (plus infants). Groups with larger numbers than that are still welcome, but only if they take the whole site (up to 45 guests). The reason for this is to ensure that all guests can enjoy their time at Beech Farm and we have found in the past before we introduced this rule, that individual families can feel 'dominated' by large groups and not enjoy their stay as much as they might have done otherwise.
- Is there car parking on site? Yes, we have ample car parking on site. Some cottages (Farmhouse, Fat Hen, Dove Tree) have dedicated parking spaces outside them. For all the others, you can can park right outside your front door to load and unload, and then move the car to the shared parking area to keep the main thoroughfare car-free.
- Is there a pub nearby? Our local, The Buck Inn, is just 50m away, is child-friendly and serves a delicious seasonal menu. There are further excellent options within a couple of miles in all directions.
- Do you have bike storage? Yes, we have a dedicated, locked bike storage room, with small workshop enclosed.
- Is there outdoor seating? The Farmhouse has a small private courtyard with outdoor dining space for 12. All other cottages share outdoor seating across the site - on the playroom decking, in the walled garden, on the swimming pool terrace. There are more seats for outdoor dining that we can accommodate guests so don't worry about having space to eat outside.
- Are there any laundry facilities on site? Yes, The Farmhouse, Shepherd's Lodge and Columbine cottage all have their own washing machine. There is also a shared guest laundry on site (open 24 hours a day) which has a washing machine and tumble dryers.
- Can I get an internet supermarket delivery for when we arrive? Yes, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Waitrose and Asda all deliver to Beech Farm. Please don't arrange the delivery until after you expect to arrive as we can't guarantee that there will be someone on site to accept delivery on your behalf.
- When can we use the pool? The swimming pool is available between 9am and noon daily. Then on every day except Wednesday, it is open from 1pm to 9pm (on Wednesday it is 1pm to 7pm).
- What is included in the prices (what is not provided)? We provide all linen (high thread count Egyptian cotton), towels for the cottage (you may wish to bring extra for the pool), wifi, heating, and all cleaning products including tea towels and toilet rolls. We ensure that there is some tea, coffee, milk (and a sweet treat) in the cottage when you arrive so you don't have to go without while you get sorted. There is also salt and pepper but you will need to bring all of your other food yourselves. We do have a small honesty shop on site for an emergency meal or in case you have forgotten something.
- I have an important work video call when I am with you. Will the wifi cope? Yes, we invested a significant amount of money upgrading our wifi. Each cottage has a dedicated wifi login which reaches every room in the house. There is a separate wifi that covers the communal areas. All wifi connections are fibre with a fast connection with sufficient bandwith for everyone on site to be watching video content simultaneously.
- What time can we arrive/do we have to leave? Check-in is from 3:00pm and check-out is 9:30am. We try to be flexible wherever possible but if we have other guests in your cottage before/after you, I'm afraid we have to kindly ask you to respect these times so we can prepare the cottages accordingly.