COVID-19 News & Temporary Operational Changes
As a consequence of the coronavirus pandemic, we have had to implement some temporary changes to our operational procedure. These are to ensure the safety of both our guests and our staff. We will continue to update this page to ensure all relevant information is available to guests at all times:
- Please refer to our terms and conditions page for details on the cancellation policy.
- We will require names and contact numbers for all guests (not just lead bookers). This will be collected via email prior to arrival. We will not use these details for anything other than if we need it for track and trace purposes related to COVID-19.
- We like to extend a warm welcome to all of our guests at Beech Farm. The first time guests arrive, we usually offer to show guests round the site and their cottage to ensure they know where everything is and how everything works. We will still endeavour to be on site when you arrive and to offer you a socially distanced smile, but we will not currently offer you a tour of your cottage as this obviously involves us going back into your property and seems an unnecessary risk. Consequently, in our pre-arrival information, we will email you with instructions on where the pertinent things are in your property.
- Check-in will be from 3:30pm and check-out by 9:30am. We kindly ask guests to respect this to enable us to ensure the cottages are 'Covid-secure' for our next guests as we will still be thoroughly sanitising the cottages at every changeover.
- We currently ask our guests to open windows when they check-out, to leave the keys on the hooks inside the cottage, and to put all used bedding and towels in laundry bags which we will provide.
- We appreciate that the two items above are an imposition to our guests so we don't ask lightly. It does however enable us to follow procedures ensuring the safety of yourselves, future guests and our staff.
- We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our cottages and we never compromise on this. However, there are some changes to our changeovers that we will be implementing during the pandemic:
- We operate in an eco-friendly manner at Beech Farm and try to use environentally-friendly cleaning products. In the short term however, we will be replacing our sanitising products with those which meet the WHO guidelines for fighting coronavirus.
- During cleaning, we will ensure that all common 'touchpoints' - eg door handles, light switches, remote controls, keys, kitchen surfaces etc - are sanitised thoroughly at the end of the cleaning shift.
- We have conducted a thorough risk assessment using guidelines produced by the Government and relevant professional trade associations to form a new rigorous set of cleaning protocols. We would not be open if we were not confident that we could do so in a safe way, and we have both the AA and VisitBritain kite marks to say that we are Covid-secure.
- The pool is open, but with a slight change to the usual procedure. We are currently running a hybrid system where 9am-10am and 7pm to 9pm are open to all guests for swimming. Between 10am and 7pm, every cottage will be allocated a private one-hour session. We will confirm details and a timetable when we send out pre-arrival information a couple of weeks before your stay.
- We will try to help facilitate changes if required with swapping sessions, but this relies on other guests wanting to change too so is not guaranteed.
- The swimming pool changing rooms, shower and toilet are available for guests to use.
- Guests are free to use inflatables etc in the pool. We have a small stock available for purchase and you are welcome to bring your own. If you do use your own toys, we ask you to please remove them from the pool building after use.
- Sheep and goat sessions are daily (except Wednesday) at 9am. There are no restrictions on numbers as this is outside and spaced out.
- Guinea pig and rabbit sessions are every Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday at 9:30am. We may have to ask guests to be patient with these, as they are inside so we will manage numbers to a safe level but all those who want to meet the small animals will be able to do so by 10am on each of these days.
- The playroom is open for all guests between 9am and 9pm.
- During school holidays, we will run a weekly movie night for children.
- The playroom is also the home to our book and toy library. Please feel free to borrow any of these items, take them back to your cottage, and return them when you are finished.
- We will supply table tennis bats and balls in your cottage. Pleae keep these and let us know if you need anything additional.
- The playground is fine to use between 8am and 9pm.
- There are sanitising wipes inside for use on the machines.
- Leaflets are available (although many places are not currently distributing leaflets) but we ask you to take away with you any leaflet you touch.
- There are numerous outdoor dining spaces at Beech Farm.
- Every cottage has at least a bench outside their cottage - please do not use any seating outside any cottage that is not the one you are staying in.
- There are shared outdoor dining spaces in the walled garden, on the pool terrace, and on the playroom deck. These spaces are more than enough for when we are completely full.
- If you require anything like cots, high chairs, stair gates etc, please let us know in advance. This means we can safely put them in your cottage before you arrive.
- Please refer to the To See & Do page of our website for information and inspiration. This includes a map with all attractions on.
- However, many require pre-booking (including restaurants) so we advise contacting them directly before travelling.
- If you have any problems in your cottage, you can either contact us on site (we are there every day) or by calling us. However, if there is something that needs to be fixed in the cottage, if possible, we will do this when you are out.
We thank you for your understanding.
Graham and Kirsty